Garment bag / LevinskyRegular price kr 150.00 DKK
Garment bag to store your fur coat professionally. The coat can be well stored during summer together with moth protection.
STORING YOUR FUR GARMENT
- Always put your fur coat on a broad-shouldered hanger, never on a wire hanger. Give your fur enough room in the closet, to "breath" and to prevent the fur from getting "crushed".
- Never keep your fur in a plastic bag, rubber-lined bag or any kind of storage boxes made from plastic. Plastic prevents air from circulating which leads to drying out the fur making it brittle.
- If you bring your fur, when travelling, store your fur in a garment bag, made from cotton or linen.
- If your fur gets wet, shake off the liquid and let the fur dry, naturally, in a well-ventilated room. After it is dry, shake it again. if you find that some of the hair, on your fur, are stuck together, you can, very carefully, brush it with a soft brush, with natural bristles.
- Always keep your fur away from direct heat, radiators, hairdryers etc. this can cause both fur and leather to dry out.
- Most fur will take some rain and snow far better than a wool or leather coat. But always keep in mind, that a fur is NO raincoat.
- Never attempt to mothproof your fur by yourself. Home treatments are no substitute for professional cleaning and storage
- If your fur is infected by moth, always contact a specialist and follow their directions.
- If you suspect your fur to be infected by moth, never bring it directly to any of our stores, always call in advance.
- If you are not using your fur for longer periods, ex. during summer, always have your fur stored at a professional storage facility. Your furrier is equipped with temperature, humidity and light-controlled storage facilities to protect your fur.
- Avoid keeping your fur in spaces with strong UV-light for longer periods. The light can cause the fur to oxidize or change colour.